Saturday, April 2, 2011

Almost Out from Under


Summer made me a cake to celebrate my last chemo session which was Thursday, March 31. Pretty soon we'll have the worst behind us and can focus on other things. I want to thank everyone whose prayers and thoughts have sustained me and whose gifts of cards, time, food and flowers have lightened my load. I have truly been blessed.

As far as the prognosis goes, the chemo seems to have worked quite well having shrunk the tumor considerably. The next step will be surgery around the end of April, recovery for about a month, radiation beginning around the beginning of June and ending about mid-July (when Sabrina gets home!), recovery for as long as it takes (with my skin it could be a couple of months) and then reconstructive surgery in the fall. I'm hoping to get it all in on this calendar year for insurance reasons :). Then I'll be looking for a job since we'll be nearly empty nesters and have lots of little ones in college.

Again, thank you all for your support. My oncologist called me "low-maintenance" Monday and I'm sure it's because of all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers